- Attacker named as Salman Ramadan Abedi
- Police race to establish if Manchester suicide bomber acted alone
- Theresa May condemns ‘callous terrorist attack’
- Police begin to name victims; 12 children among 59 wounded
- Share your experiences with us via GuardianWitness
The Manchester-born singer Morrissey has hit out at politicians for their reaction to the bombing in his hometown that has killed 22 people and hospitalised 59 more.
The former Smiths frontman claimed that politicians are safe from attacks, while the rest of the country is left vulnerable. The MP Jo Cox was murdered by a rightwing extremist last June.
Most of Wednesday’s UK newspaper front pages feature images of those killed or missing after the attack. Some also feature the perpetrator, Salman Abedi, with the Sun showing his picture prominently alongside that of Saffie Rose Roussos, the eight-year-old he murdered.
Here’s our roundup of how the press has covered the aftermath: