Hawaii is the extinct bird capital of the world. Many native birds are endangered, but for some it’s too late. The fabled ʻōʻō (songbird) was last seen in 1985. Set amid the cloud forest of Kauai, Songbird takes you back in time to meet the legendary species and hear its last song.
- Songbird is available as a 360° interactive virtual reality experience for Daydream and HTC Vive, as a stereoscopic 360° film for Google Cardboard and as a 360° monoscopic film for YouTube.
- To view this 360° film of Songbird on mobile you’ll need to download the YouTube app for the full 360° experience. If you’re viewing this film on desktop you’ll need the latest version of your web browser.
- To view Songbird on the Daydream platform, download the free Guardian VR app for Daydream and watch with a Daydream View headset and Daydream-ready phone.
- To view Songbird on Cardboard, download the free Guardian VR app for iOS or Android to your smartphone and watch with a Google Cardboard headset.
- For more information on the Guardian VR, please go to www.theguardian.com/vr