Bob Crane, who had bipolar disorder, died in his Bristol flat after cooking on an open fire because his electricity had been cut off

A mental health trust has paid out damages over the case of a man with bipolar disorder and a history of lighting fires who was trapped in a blaze at his cluttered tower block flat.

Bob Crane, 61, a well-known character in the Stokes Croft area of Bristol, had been cooking on open fires at his seventh-floor council flat for more than a year because his electricity had been cut off.

Continue reading…

Facebook Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.