Two missions ‘are supportive of each other’, says agency’s new head after Trump signed directive aimed at returning to moon

The US effort to return to the moon will not undermine its mission to be the first country to put a human on Mars, the new head of Nasa insisted on Wednesday.

In December, Donald Trump signed a policy directive instructing Nasa to send astronauts back to the moon, half a century after Neil Armstrong became the first person to set foot there. Last week, Nasa issued a draft request for a proposal encouraging the US commercial space industry to help it deliver payloads to the moon.

Continue reading…

Read More New moon mission will not distract from effort to reach Mars, Nasa boss says

Facebook Comments