China said it would fight back against proposal, with the row raising fears of a trade war

The war of words between the Trump administration and China over trade escalated on Friday as Beijing threatened to fight back “at any cost” against new US proposals for an additional $100bn (£71bn) in tariffs.

Chinese officials said on Friday they would “definitely fight back firmly” should the US persist in using “protectionism”, in a warning issued hours after President Trump unexpectedly suggested imposing extra trade tariffs on goods shipped from China to the US – on top of the $50bn worth of tariffs announced last month.

Continue reading…

Read More President Trump threatens extra 0bn of tariffs on Chinese imports

Facebook Comments