European Central Bank has voted to restart its QE programme, and hit banks with deeper negative interest rates to make them lend
- ECB president Mario Draghi is giving a press conference now
- Latest: Draghi says governments must boost spending
- President Trump claims ECB is weakening the euro
- BREAKING: New Stimulus Package from the ECB
- QE restarted – at €20bn per month
Q: What do you think about Donald Trump’s tweet?
ECB president Draghi steps forward and sweeps the president’s attack aside.
We have a mandate. We pursue price stability and we don’t target exchange rates. Period.
p class=”block-time published-time”>
Draghi goes nuclear: Fiscal policy should become the main instrument
Google Translate says: “Please please please spend some money, Mrs. Merkel.”